On this 25 years ago, my baby butt was born into this crazy world, here’s what I’ve learned along the way…
25 Things I’ve Learned from Life in 25 Years:
- Love Trumps Everything (don’t misread that as Trump Loves Everything, because he doesn’t, notoriously he doesn’t.)
- Your own thoughts control the value of your own life
- If you want to be successful, work hard, constantly, not only at the beginnings of jobs/projects/ideas.
- It’s okay to fall down a few times, learning to pick yourself back up is the most important part.
- Laughing helps everything.
- Chocolate also helps everything.
- A walk outside to clear your mind and get fresh air will fix mental/physical problems faster than most medications.
- Alcohol solves zero problems realistically and typically makes things worse.
- On the flip side, alcohol typically will cure any sudden onset case of anxiety or the jitters (pre-presentation shots typically have a positive effect on my social presence, it’s all about moderation).
- True love does exist, like the kind you are skeptical about but dream about your whole life.
- Prejudging anyone, at any time, will 9 times out of 10 help you make an ass out of yourself. Judgment in today’s society is a serious problem.
- Confidence is everything, in careers and in relationships. Fake it till’ you make it!
- Music can and will directly affect your mood, remember that.
- Try harder, I guarantee you-you can always try harder.
- Most things can be overcome with stronger willpower.
- Beauty isn’t everything, it is only a temporary blinder to most people until they realize more important things.
- The world will keep turning, regardless of petty day-to-day worries (taxes, bills, groceries).
- Politics suck. They are all corrupt. (Historical Election 2016…)
- While you need to make money to survive in this world, remember it is not everything, and will not matter once you’re 10 feet under.
- Exercise and water are REALLY important for all aspects of health.
- Habits/vices will come and go, never lose yourself too deep in them.
- Selfishness and Vanity will decrease your overall happiness by 10 fold, at least.
- Taking a day, few days, or week to decide you are depressed and/or upset about petty things in life, will dramatically decrease your overall productivity, happiness, and positive energy.
- Always tell those you love that you love them, time is extremely short and unguaranteed.
- Life, regardless of what may be going on, is a truly beautiful privilege we have, try to spend the least amount of time possible being negative or ungrateful (though of course, this happens).